Surf Happens Code of Conduct
The benefits of Surf Happens programs are numerous. Recreation is essential to personal health. Participation in Surf Happens programs enhances the quality of life and can build strong families and healthy communities.
In order to ensure the quality and enjoyment of Surf Happens programs and to promote a safe and positive atmosphere for the programs, all participants, staff, parents and persons involved with the programs (i.e. spectators, coaches, volunteers, etc.) shall abide by the following Code of Conduct:
1. All persons shall act with respect towards other persons, their privacy and safety.
2. All persons shall act with respect towards the beach, ocean, plants and wildlife
3. Physical or verbal abuse of any kind will not be tolerated.
4. All persons shall act with respect towards public and private property and equipment.
5. Program rules and regulations shall be observed at all times.
Any Surf Happens representative responsible for officiating, supervising or otherwise operating a Surf Happens program shall have authority to enforce the terms of this Code, as authorized by the Director of Surf Happens. Failure of any person to abide by this Code of Conduct will result in disciplinary action, including (but not limited to):
1) Removal from the program area;
2) Restriction on program participation;
3) Suspension or expulsion from the program.
Minors, under the age of 18, are required to have a parent or legal guardian sign the registration form.
No refund of fees shall be given for any suspension or expulsion from a program for violating the Code of Conduct. The Director of Surf Happens shall review any expulsion or suspension longer than three days. Appeals of any suspension or expulsion shall be filed, in writing, with the Director of Surf Happens within seven (7) days of action. Decision of Director is final.