From Grom To Pro!
Surf Happens Summer Travel Camps will take your surfing to the next level. Our expert team of coaches will guide you to the best waves in the county using local knowledge that we pass on to you. Our purpose for this program is to systematically help you to set and achieve your goals and dreams. Whether you are an intermediate surfer in search of a ride to the best waves in the county, striving to refine technique or learn new maneuvers, or looking to master the art of competition, our Travel Camps are designed to evolve your surfing. Each Friday we do a morning surf and then head to the Santa Barbara Maritime Museum to watch the week’s progress on the big screen! Once we have flushed out your goals and expectations it is time to go to work as we taylor our teaching structure to suit your needs.
Travel Camp Study Topics
- Geography of four primary surf spots found on the planet and learning how to gauge ocean conditions to be effective at surfing each type.
- Oceanography and how to know where to surf based on interval and direction of swells. Surfing the best waves in Santa Barbara County.
- Establishing proper line up markers and surfing in crowds
- Advanced Technique and studying the principles of “good” surfing
- Wave Selection
- Style, flow, and positioning
- Video & still photography analysis
- Surfing Specific Cross Training
- Learn how to build a surfing portfolio
- Professional surfers and industry guests
Hosted by Surf Happens Advanced Surfing director Tarik Kashoggi, 7 time NSSA National Championship finalist, Santa Barbara Surfing Series, Surf Happens Founder and Rincon Classic Director Chris Keet, Professional surfers Demi Boelsterli and Kilian Garland, and a host of other surfing professionals.
Surf Camp Minor Release Form