Surf Happens Surf Lessons
Riding waves is one of the most unique, fun and rewarding things that you will experience and may be habit forming. After trying it for the first time you will be forever changed, and may want to drop everything you were doing, and move to the beach! Super Fun.
Book Your Private Or Group Lesson Today!
Surf Happens is the industry leader in the field of surfing instruction, offering year round, all ages private and group lessons. We operate on an open booking schedule and have an amazing team on call to serve you. All you have to do is set up an appointment and show up and we take care of the rest! 805.966.3613
Step Into A Smile
The Surf Happens staff through their contagious love for the ocean share passion, knowledge and firsthand experience with you. All of our expert instructors are CPR & First Aid certified, have gone through the Surf Happens surf-specific life-saving course, and follow Keet’s Surf Happens Teaching Methodology ™, ensuring a safe and rewarding experience! Background checks have also been completed for all personnel. Head Instructors have each worked with thousands of individuals from around the globe.
You Can Do It!
Our programs are guaranteed to get you standing up during your first session!
Our Equipment Is Environmentally Friendly : We have teamed up with INT softboards to provide the best learn to surf equipment in the business. All INT boards feature bio-foam technology which decomposes in land fills, while fins are re-usable and recyclable.
Our Hurley wetsuit selection are the warmest, most flexible and durable suits you will find on the planet ranging from vests and spring suits for the summer, to 3*2 and 4*3 full suits for the winter. Sizes range from size two for the mini chim all the way up to XXXL.
Surf Happens surfing lessons guarantee to have you up and riding during your first session!
Topics Of Study
- History and origins of surfing and the spirit of Aloha
- Turtle Philosophy
- Step by step approach to checking ocean conditions for hazards
- How to read the Wind, Waves, Tides, & Currents (WWTC)
- Ocean safety
- The four primary types of surf spots, all of which are found in Santa Barbara.
- Reading the line up (how, where and why waves break)
- Fundamental movements to the surfboard into an extension of the body.
Included In Each Lesson
- Board & Wetsuit Rental
- Surf Happens t-shirt, hat, & re-usable bag
- Photos from session!
* Extras : Available For Purchase
- Ask about our deluxe still photography and video packages!