The Beach House Surf Happens Surf Lessons
Book Your Private Or Group Lesson Today!
Year Around | 7 Days a week
Surf Happens is the industry leader in the field of surfing instruction, with an amazing team on call year-round, offering private and group lessons for all ages. All you have to do is set up an appointment and show up and we take care of the rest! You can register online or give us a call to chat about your lesson and find the perfect time, location and instructor to fit your needs!
The Beach House has been serving the spirit and romance of surfing since 1962. The shop first opened in Summerland, CA just four miles from The Queen of the Coast, Rincon Point. Needless to say, the shop was closed when the surf was up. Over 50 years later we’re still serving the same surfers and their families, although we don’t close for waves these days.
*Ask about our large group rates
1-2 Surfers: 1 Instructor
3-5 surfers: 2 instructors
*Additional instructros can be added on
Includes / What to Bring
- Professional instruction
- Board & wetsuit rental
- Access to hot showers and changing facilities
- Surf Happens hat
What to bring
- Water bottle
- Towel (rentals available)
- Flexible & warm clothing
- Swimwear for underneath wetsuit
Extras: Available for Purchase
- Deluxe still photography and video packages
- Catered or box lunch/snacks
- Yoga/chair massage
You Can Do It!
Our programs are guaranteed to get you standing up during your first session!
Our Equipment Is Environmentally Friendly : We have teamed up with INT softboards to provide the best learn to surf equipment in the business. All INT boards feature bio-foam technology which decomposes in land fills, while fins are re-usable and recyclable.
Our Body Glove wetsuit selection are the warmest, most flexible and durable suits you will find on the planet ranging from vests and spring suits for the summer, to 3*2 and 4*3 full suits for the winter. Sizes range from size two for the mini chim all the way up to XXXL.
Surf Happens surfing lessons guarantee to have you up and riding during your first session!
Topics Of Study
- History and origins of surfing and the spirit of Aloha
- Turtle Philosophy
- Step by step approach to checking ocean conditions for hazards
- How to read the Wind, Waves, Tides, & Currents (WWTC)
- Ocean safety
- The four primary types of surf spots, all of which are found in Santa Barbara.
- Reading the line up (how, where and why waves break)
- Fundamental movements to the surfboard into an extension of the body.