Welcome To The Tribe!
Thank you for choosing Surf Happens Surf Camp! Below you will find directions, camp hours and schedule, a what to bring list, what’s included, and camp policies. Please review and feel free to contact us with any further questions or concerns. Aloha!
Camp meets daily on the south end Santa Claus Beach. The trail to the beach is located right next to the first building on Santa Claus Lane @ 3717 Santa Claus Lane, Carpinteria CA 93013 (use this address for GPS only – this is not Surf Happens shop location).
Drop Off : 8:50 – 9:00 am
Pick Up : 2:45 – 3:15 pm
**If you’d like to watch your camper surf, we typically catch our first waves around 10:15am and last wave at 2:20pm.
9:15-9:30 Sunscreen application, hydration
9:30-10:00 Morning jog, beach games, stretching
10:00-10:30 On land instruction / Group activities
12:00-12:20 Lunch Break
12:20-12:30 Sunscreen application, hydration
12:30-1:00 Beach games / instruction / stretching / electives
What To Bring:
- Water (1-2 liters)
- Sunscreen (applied + a bottle to self apply through day)
- Flexible & warm clothing
- CPR certified lifeguards and surf instructors (1:4 ratio/1:2 ratio ages 4-6)
- Surfboard and wetsuit use: Wetsuits are sent home-TH for self-care. See How To Care For Wetsuit
- Hot lunch daily & snack
- Surf Happens hat & stickers
- Surf trophy
- 10% off Surf Happens gear
- Photos (headshot, surfing shot, group shot)
We will capture waves of each camper and send a dropbox link at end of the week!
Hot lunch is provided daily M-TH by Rincon Brewery, and pizza lunch is served on Friday!
We get our lunches from Rincon Brewery because they are a sustainable “ocean safe” business. Their meat providers offer grass-fed all-natural beef and chicken! Vegetarian options are available so please ask if you have any questions about the menu.
- Kids cheeseburger, fries, and a cookie
- Kids chicken tenders, fries, and a cookie
- Quesadilla, fries, and a cookie
- Grilled cheese, fries, and a cookie
- Pizza Fridays!
Family Fun Day:
Parents Join Us! Family fun day every Friday from 12-3 pm .
- Talent Show
- Surf Contest
- Trophies & photo
- Canceling 2 weeks (14 days) out or more: full refund – 4% PROCESSING FEE
- Canceling within 14 days: No refund unless waiting list can fill your child’s spot
- No refund on missed days