Experience the lifestyle of surfing with a customizable private lesson suited for any skill type. You can learn to surf with us! We’ll have you standing on your board and catching waves in no time!
Surf Happens is the industry leader in the field of surfing instruction, offering year-round, private and group lessons for all ages. We operate on an open booking schedule and have an amazing team on call to serve you. All you have to do is set up an appointment and show up and we take care of the rest! You may register online or give us a call to chat about your lesson and find the perfect time, location and instructor to fit your needs!
Surf Happens advanced surfing clinics are the product of over 25 years of firsthand competitive experience combined with fourteen plus years of advanced coaching, judging, and hosting of regional surfing contests.
- Step Into A Smile
The Surf Happens staff, through their contagious love for the ocean, share passion, knowledge, and firsthand experience with you. All of our expert instructors are CPR & First Aid certified, have gone through the Surf Happens surf-specific life-saving course, and follow Keet’s Surf Happens Teaching Methodology ™, ensuring a safe and rewarding experience! Background checks have also been completed for all personnel. Head Instructors have each worked with thousands of individuals from around the globe.
- Our programs are guaranteed to get you standing up during your first session!
Our Equipment Is Environmentally-Friendly: We have teamed up with INT soft boards to provide the best learn-to-surf equipment in the business. All INT boards feature bio-foam technology which decomposes in landfills, while fins are reusable and recyclable.
Our Hurley wetsuit selection features the warmest, most flexible and durable suits you will find on the planet, ranging from vests and spring suits for the summer to 3*2 and 4*3 full suits for the winter. Sizes range from size two for the mini chim all the way up to XXXL.
- Topics Of Study
- History and origins of surfing and the spirit of Aloha
- Turtle philosophy
- Step-by-step approach to checking ocean conditions for hazards
- How to read the Wind, Waves, Tides, & Currents (WWTC)
- Ocean safety
- The four primary types of surf spots, all of which are found in Santa Barbara
- Reading the line up (how, where and why waves break)
- Fundamental movements to the surfboard into an extension of the body
- Included In Each Lesson
- Board & wetsuit rental
- Surf Happens hat
- Extras: Available For Purchase
- Ask about our deluxe still photography and video packages!
- Professional photo documentation
- Professional video of your surfing experience
- Professional video coaching
- Monthly progress reports