We are the original surf camp at Santa Claus Lane. Santa Claus Lane is one of Santa Barbara’s most beloved beaches and officially dubbed “the world’s safest beach.” This is a great place to learn!
Availability: All year
Duration: 2 hours
Private Surf Lessons in Santa Barbara
You can do it!
Surf Happens surfing lessons guarantee to have you up and riding during your first session! Come and learn from the most dedicated, experienced instructors around. We are dedicated to success and promise to show you a good time – and get you standing and riding some awesome waves. Whether you’re a beginner or just want to brush up on some skills, you’ve come to the right place. Private lessons are the best way to learn to surf away from the crowds, with one-on-one attention and instruction.
All of the equipment that we use is environmentally-friendly: We have teamed up with Channel Islands Surfboards and INT Softboards to provide the best learning equipment in the business. All INT boards feature bio-foam technology which decomposes in landfills, with fins that are reusable and recyclable, so we can enjoy the ocean while protecting it.
Our Hurley wetsuit selection offers the warmest, most flexible and durable suits you will find on the planet, ranging from spring suits and vests for the summer to 32 and 43 full suits for the winter. Sizes range from size two for the mini chim all the way up to XXXL.
Topics Of Study
- History and origins of surfing and the spirit of Aloha
- Turtle philosophy
- Step-by-step approach to checking ocean conditions for hazards
- How to read the Wind, Waves, Tides, & Currents (WWTC)
- Ocean safety
- The four primary types of surf spots, all of which are found in Santa Barbara
- Reading the line up (how, where and why waves break)
- Fundamental movements to the surfboard into an extension of the body
Ready to catch some waves? Book your private lesson now.
- Included in Each Lesson
- Board & wetsuit rental
- Surf Happens hat
- What to Bring
- Water bottle
- Flexible & warm clothing
- Extras: Available for Purchase
- Ask about our deluxe still photography and video packages!
- Professional photo documentation
- Professional video of your surfing experience
- Professional video coaching
- Monthly progress reports